The Power House Book Club is a way for our community to come together to discuss great books and ideas about the lives we want to lead. Our books cover a variety of different topics, but are all meant to inspire us and help us integrate meaning into our lives and develop new relationships and conversations within our gym network.
Non-gym members are welcome, the more the merrier! Links to Amazon are below for each book, as well as videos, articles, podcasts, and other information that will help inform our conversation. If you can't read the whole book, it's OK. Come along for the conversation and company and we will make it work!
Please join us at the gym on Friday nights at 6:30pm to discuss each book throughout the year. Wine & chocolate is provided, food on a potluck basis. Contact Jill at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
2015-2016 Reading Schedule:
- Friday, October 9 6:30pm- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Friday, November 6 6:30pm-Open by Andre Agassi
- Friday, December 18 6:30pm- Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer
- Friday, January 29, 2016 6:30pm- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
- Friday, February 26th, 2016 at 6:30pm- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett
- Friday, April 1, 2016 at 6:30pm- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Friday, May 6, 2016 at 6:30pm- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- Friday, June 10, 2016 at 6:30pm- Animal Dreams by Barbara Kingsolver
- Friday, July 15, 2016 at 6:30pm- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Friday, August 19, 2016 at 6:30pm- One Day It Will All Make Sense by Common and Adam Bradley
- Friday, September 30, 2016 at 6:30pm- Friday Night Lights by H.G. Bissinger